“Another update on my modified SE-5a: I finally got the front and rear panels machined and fitted. So next up is powder coat and I’m thinking a vintage cream kind of colour.
“It’s been a massive learning curve but I’ve finally got a light at the end of the tunnel. I installed a second preamp valve in this an octal output tube and lead/rhythm switch and after chasing a buzz/hum around for about 2 days finally noticed a dodgy connection. It’s now very quiet buzz wise, even on lead channel at full gain and it’s very very loud.
“All in all I’m very happy with this it is now exactly what I set out to build at the start so once again thank you for the kit and i will send some more pics once powder coated.”